Sketch Challenge

Cardmaking challenges really encourage me to think outside the box. When I saw the current challenge of Create A Smile Stamps my initial thought was to skip it as the challenge's sketch contains an oval shape which I don't have in my stash, neither as stamps nor as dies. 


But then I came up with the idea to create somewhat of an oval shape using my sunflower stamps and I love how it worked out!


I decided to use the 'Magic Flowers' stamp set which was among the first stamps I've ever bought and still love and continued practicing no-line coloring. For the first time, I started out with watercolors and then added colored pencils for a bit of texture and more vibrancy. 


As I didn't want to cover any of my colored sunflowers with a banner I cut the banner directly from the colored area. Hope you like it!


Supplies: Magic Flowers, Junger HĆ¼pfer and Useful banners dies from 'Create A Smile Stamps', Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils

4 comments

  1. Wonderful card,thanks for sharing at create a smile stamps challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous flower card, love it! Thanks for playing along at Create a Smile Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love your card design! Thank you so much for playing along with the Create a Smile - Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Thank you for playing along with us at Create A Smile Challenge♥.

    ReplyDelete