Mandala Love

I created these cards a few months ago when the Mandala stamp was released by Create A Smile Stamps. I can think of many more designs with this stamp but this is what I have come up with so far:

1. Ink Blending 

I stamped and heat embossed the mandala with white embossing powder and then blended several distress inks over the stamped area. Eventually, I decided to cut out a triangle to break up the design and make room for a sentiment. 




 2. Ink Smooshing 

In the following examples I stamped and heat embossed parts of the mandala and different sentiments. Then I blended several distress inks on a sheet of acetate, sprayed water over it and smooshed the wet acetate onto my watercolor cardstock. This technique creates wonderful yet unpredictable looks. If you choose inks that blend together nicely you will always get beautiful results.  







3. Coloring

I stamped and colored this mandala. Then I cut it out and put in on black cardstock. Love the contrasting bold colors. 



Supplies: Mandala by Create A Smile Stamps, Make A Wish by Create A Smile Stamps, Ein Blümchen für dich by Dani Peuss, vermisse dich by Dani Peuss, Tim Holz Distress Ink Pads by Ranger



No comments